Friday, April 29, 2011

Pigeons, Pretzels & Planes

So here's a quicky blurb on the trip so far, wont be creative or anything special cuz my head feels like its floating around in the subconsicous and my body feels like its still on a plane.....so, first off.....sat around kamloops airport....flew to calgary....sat around calgary airport.....flew 9 hours to Frankfurt, Germany.......took a train, exlpored the city centre, took pictures, kicked some pigeons (they are everywhere and fly right up into your face), ate a soft and crunchy pretzel ,drank some weak German beer....sat around the airport.....flew 10 hours to Johannesburg, South Africa....arrived this morning (Friday) at 7am and was promptly attacked by a pride of lions, right on the runway as we "disembarked" from the plane.
No. That did not happen.
We have been relaxing here at our hotel - another story for when I get back - and next on the agenda is the Apartheid Museum for the afternoon and an early bed time because the last two nights have been backwards and upside down and spent on planes - which I have decided I hate because, like Jane said, are either too hot or too cold, and ten hours X 2 is too long to try stay comfortable and sleep, no matter what positions one tries....

7 comments:

  1. 03:38 AM Canada time = 12:38 PM Africa time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're all safe! I'll be "glued" to your posts, so keep 'em coming!
    love you!
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. you kicked pigeons???hahaha, that is so funny yet messed up...keep posting, man!!!I hope the clinical aspect of your trip goes well this week and that you are able to do lots. Were you able to hook up with a church down there??

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw-that was from vanessa, haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our schdeule is pretty up in the air still so I don't always know where we'll be or what we'll be doing on a given day, but I'd like to go to a church here at some point, just to see another aspect of their culture for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. miss you sis. bring me back a lions tail.....lol, or a german pigeon.

    dev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha just read that one, after coming home...sorry, no lion's tail or pigeon, but we did get close enough to grab a male lion's tail on our second Safari day!! Instead I brought back a couple pics of the pig me and Britt bought and the family I'm sponsoring with the money you sent with me :)

    ReplyDelete